Tuesday, May 1, 2012

TeddyBo Tuesday Challenge....BUTTONS!

Today is Teddybo Tueday and for our challenge we were to use buttons! I decided to make a pin cushion tin! I had some material in my stash, and went out into the garage and hacked a piece of styrofoam off some packing in a box and cut it into a rounded edged circle to hot glue to the top of the tin lid. i then added the material to the top and hot glued it onto the lid. The tin then had to be manipulated (big words i know!) to bend it in in order for the lid to fit again. The lid will not come off.....which is what i wanted! ;) I then mod podged the paper on to the tin, and hot glued the old lace around the tin. I made this bow and hot glued it on as well. I had this cute flower lace, that i aged with coffee and mod podged them to the tin. Adding the cute buttons to the centers for a pop of color! I made the tag by cutting a manilla envelope shorter and then colored this adorable teddybo image with promarkers to go on it.  I then tied the tag to the lace bow. I added these pretty hat pins to the bow for some fun and then my son and I messed around with the pins and buttons on the top! I think they are cute and fun! now i can just put all my pins on top and have easy access to them. Did i mention that it matches my craft room perfectly????
Thanks for stopping by!


 Teddybobea_12
old lace
buttons
hat pins
colored with promarkers
gellyroll pens, white and stardust
manilla tag
old tin
basic grey-wander paper
material/styrofoam
modpodge


No comments: