Monday, April 30, 2012

Art Journal Piece.....Beloved

I have been working on this piece for a few weeks...I have a stamp with this word BELOVED on it...and that is what inspired me for these pages. I am using the skills that i learned from Christy Tomlinson, she is so talented with her mixed media art...and with my people/faces i learned from a free online course that Tamara Laporte over at Willowing and Friends. She is so fantastic with her art, i just love her work.
I used acrylic paints, stickles, colored pencils, gelly roll pen, promarker pen , ink, stamps, modeling paste making the wings and the 3D harlequin. So much fun to just get in and get dirty. I remember when i first watched Christy Tomlinson create..and how messy she is...she just got right in there and had fun and didnt stop for cleaning...and for me i think im a little OCD on things like that...that it hindered me from really letting go and enjoying myself.  So I took Christys example and just went with it and got messy! It really is freeing! Just do what you got to do  and its only paper and paint...you can paint over...there is nothing to be afraid of! Give it a try, check out their blogs both have free videos, and they are really enjoyable to watch and really great teachers! Have fun!

No comments: