Sunday, October 23, 2011

A Special Birthday Gift For a Sweet Friend...

 I made this "inchies" plaque for my dear old friend vicky! Vicky and i have been friends for over 27 years I imagine. So that makes us...old friends! lol Anyways, she is a special person to me and i wanted to make her something special. I hope she will like it. I love this paper. MME Lost and Found 2. I may have to get more of this paper too....only bigger! lol I cut out the 1, 2, and 3 inch squares. I make it easy for myself and I make a grid on my piece of wood of 1 inch squares. That way when i lay it out, it all lays out easy and even. It takes a little bit to lay it out to make it look even but its fun!I then mod podge it all in place and then mod podge over the top and let it dry. I also cut some black glitter paper for the edges  to give it more of a finished edge. I added a couple of the chipboard stickers from the same company as the paper, a metal key, a 3d butterfly, a glitter exclamation point a die cut rolled rose and a flourish of rhinestones. I stamped on it too here and there, the lovely was in the paper already, and i cut it out so that it would be one of my squares. The crown no. 1 is a stampin up beau chateau side note. I used it for 2 reasons....one...she is a stampin up demonstrator. And 2 she is from England orignally so i thought the crown suited her! The exclamation point is just because i think she ALL THAT...and i made her a glass dome with her name under to personalize it even more.
 I added Martha Stewart glitter to one of the polka dotted papers for a bit more pop and it ties in with the glitter edges.
 view of the sides and the demention of the plaque.
personalized....I hope she likes it. I love the colors of the auqa and yellow and black. Its fabulous just like she is!
I made her this matching card also with inchies....the image is from SaturatedCanaryDigis  Hugs to you Vicky! I hope your birthday is Fab~!

No comments: