Sunday, January 20, 2013

Baby Journal


I took a cheap comp notebook to make this cute little journal for my daughter in law for her sister who is having her first baby.  I had left over paper from the crate paper line that i cute out in rectangles and mod podged them to the front of the  journal. I also made sure I set them off  each row so it would have more interest. After getting them all glued on front and back I added one more layer of mod podge. After letting it dry I then sewed with my machine,  the lace onto the front and back edge. Punching a hole in the front and back for adding the ribbon to tie it shut, I added some green sheer ribbon. We dont know if its a girl or a boy so i didnt want to just use pink or blue , i used some yellow and greens and reds...and green seemed to stick out the most and so that is why i went with the green ribbon. 
Then i took some white acrylic paint and white washed the covers, and edge. I had a spray bottle of water with me too so that the paint would not dry to fast, before i could wipe it off.  After letting that dry, i took a tracing wheel and went up and down each row and across each end of the "quilt pieces" to make it look even more like a quilt.  
Next i took a saturated canary imange...isnt it adorable!? I colored it up with pro markers , added some stickles and glued it to the front of the journal. I cut out the tabs for the corners, again i used the tracing wheel on the image to make it look sewn on as well as the tabs too. I then added the BABY pennants that came with the papers. 
I added some more mod podge to the spine to make sure it would wear well.  I also painted the inside covers with white paint so that it covers up all the words and make it look more classy. 
I hope that Katie will enjoy it as she watches her baby grow! 

No comments: