Saturday, December 10, 2011

Birthday Gift...

I made up this framed art for a friend of mines birthday this past week.  I was inspired by Christy Tomlinson and her Art. I used a piece of canvas, and then added scrapbook papers to the page with mod podge. I then added color with both acrylic paint and watercolor paints. I took modeling paste and added some yellow ink to the paste and added some color to it. I then used my flower stencil and added the paste to the top spreading it as evenly as i could. I then took my big script stamp and stamped over the whole piece even onto the partially dry paste...I found this butterfly online when searching butterflies and i took a sheet of my canvas sheets...and i printed it out on the canvas. I popped the color with some of my watercolor tombow markers and blended it in, used my white gelly pen and highlighted the dots . Then i added stickles to the butterfly for a pop of shine! It only took me a minute to think of what i wanted to put on this canvas for my friend Roxie..."she gave strength to those around her".  She is an amazing woman, who has been my strength and biggest encourager. So i wanted this gift to be special for her. I added paint to a piece of bubble wrap and added to the picture, hightlighted the words, and added stickles to the word "strength". Christy usually uses rub ons to her painting in places , but I found this stamp set that is really perfect for using in place of the rub ons and i can use it over and over again! Money saving!  Im all about being frugal! I got this frame at the thrift store and it was wood with good splatters on it. I sanded it and painted it white. Roxie was happy with her gift, thats what matters!

No comments: