Saturday, January 2, 2010

A tag and an altered frame with vintage tag...




I made up this snowflake tag the other night, as you know i do love me some vintage stuff! So i had to do it vintage. I did a few different treatments, with embossing in a pink and clear , then inking it with colors to match the inspiration picture with taupes, rose, and teal. Adding some snow flakes and dew drops made it turn out pretty cute.
I was then inspired by my friend Melinda, who had gotten a cute framed set of tags for a holiday gift...with little sheep on them and words on them as well...i thought i would do my version of a framed tag and this is what i came up with. I found this old frame in our garage...it had my brother in laws picture in it....sorry tim! lol So i sanded it and then added some crackle medium and then painted over with some white paint! love the effect it came out with . Found some vintage looking papers and did up a tag with wings to put in side. I LOVE it and will be hanging it in my craft room. I used tim holtz stamps and a cute little girl and boy vintage type picture on the tag. the wings are stamped with a tim holtz stamp and i used vintage ink and clear embossing powder to give it a little more substance and debth!

No comments: