Sunday, November 11, 2012

Art Journal Pages......

This past weekend I spent it doing up some pages in my art journal. I really needed the time to "get away" Sometimes it's like therapy for me when dealing with life hurts! It was a tough week...so I really needed this "therapy weekend". I did get other things done as well....laundry, feeding the family etc. So that's always good right?!
The first piece i used some muslin, lace, and modeling paste and a few print offs....im not that happy with how it turned out, but hey its not totally hideous in real life anyway..but we cant always have winners ...

The second piece I did  was a two page spread and I had seen an art piece on pinterest that used stips of paper, at least i think that is what it was and i liked the look of it. So i have 2 drawers full of scrap papers and thought it would be a great way to use them ! So I laid them out with modpodge and then I painted coordinating colors. I used a stencil and added a little design with the dots...and went around them with my gelly roll pen , black. I used some large sponge letters to do the lettering...another saying I found on pinterest...and i cut the bird out of more scrap papers out of my scrap drawer. I had watched a Donna Downey Video and she made these round circlie things on one of her pages and i thought I would try that technique on this page. I spritzed them with water and made them into flowers. I love the saying and i love love love this piece. I might have to make another one , one i can frame..and hang on my wall!


The last page I did up a cute floral page, again, i saw someone use the circles on pinterest and I wanted to give it a go...it was pretty quick and fun. I had written this bible verse down the other day when a friend on facebook had posted it...and i told her that i was going to use that on a journaling page. So i did!

So Im hoping for a better week....but i will still hope for another weekend of creating! ;)  I also got a few rice bags sewn for an order so i was moving right along!

1 comment:

Clairebears said...

Renee these GORGEOUS! Your soooo talented :0) And I miss you over at ther Towers and hope your keeping well.
Love Cxxx