Monday, March 5, 2012

Retro Recipe Album

Today I am posting this 5x5 Retro Recipe Album I made the last couple of days. I like making these up cuz they are quick and fun .
I did this album with the Fly a Kite Paper from October Afternoon. October Afternoon is one of my favorite paper brands.  I popped the whats cooking image off the page and layered it with 3 more papers to help your eye to be drawn to the center.  Machine stiching through out. I like to sew on my albums cuz it really makes them feel more like a stable book and gives them some uniqness. Lots of ribbons, all of which i bought at walmart.

Below you can see I made up some pocket pages to add some retro type recipe cards. I remember these recipe cards from back in the 70s, my foster mother had them in her recipe box. So I thought it would go good in this album, same colors and all. I used cutouts from crafty secrets in this album and cut out the little flowers from the papers to add to each page. Accented with tiny buttons i have.  
 I did this recipe album a little different, as i usually do every page a pocket page, so this time i wanted something different and just added a few recipe cards to the pages and accented with the crafty secrets images and flowers. Simple yet workable and cute.
 i did these two pocket pages again with some more of those retro recipe cards.  Some more crafty secrets and the strawberry image is an Graphic 45 image i think. More machine sewing and flowers and matching buttons.
 There are tabs both made for the pages and some that are the recipe card sticking out making up their own tabs, that can be labeled.
 The last pages are more pockets  to hold the recipe cards and more can be added through out the album. There are also 2 more pull out pages that can be used for funny cooking stories, stories from grandma or your mom etc...or just to add even more recipes! I hope this will sell quickly! Its really cute!


No comments: