Thursday, September 29, 2011

Rustic Journal paper bag Album

 I made this Rustic journal out of paper bags i shortened.  Adding the October Afternoon Campfire papers to the pages. The tag behind the journal is a coffee stained tag that has the tim holtz stamp  "the journey awakens the soul " stamped on it. I also used the same set through out the album with the birds at the top and the sentiment at the bottom saying not all who wander are lost.
 Inside is a photo page with sewn in photo corner, i used masking tape through out to add rustisity, is that a work and who knows if its spelled right...but thats what i done...lol I also did it to reinforce the pages in certain areas and around the punched holes. And i just like the way it looks. Makes it look like maybe it was made while on vacation or camping or something. thought it was fun. I added a pocket page with 3 more tags which i stamped with the bo bunny stamps from the et cetera  line
 I didnt want to cover up this cute paper, with the story Jimmy Acorn and his forest friends! lol I added some lined paper from a cool tablet my friend melinda gave me called 100 gathered thoughts for my dear friend and papers for brilliant ideas and laundry lists by Sugarboo Designs.It has really nice sayings that you will see i used as pockets on the next page and also lined paper like here.
 here are the sayings that punch off the bottom of the lined papers and i used them for pockets but left the page so it could be journaled on and little mementos tucked in the pockets. I just wanted to keep it simple.
 another lined paper page for journaling and a picture page again with sewn in photo tabs. All pages are inked for an aged look.
another pocket page with jouraling areas and the cool stamp from the tim holtz line, with 3 more tags and the last page is another lined paper journaling spot!  This album is SOLD. But know that anything you see posted on my Blog i can make up another simular to it if you would like! just email me or comment to leave me a message. Also check out my Etsy store!! thanks for stopping by.

1 comment:

LAURA KANT said...

Did I tell you yet that I LOVE your blog and your work? This fabulous album is another masterpiece made by YOU!!! You are sooooo talented! Thanks for sharing your work with us!

Hugs, Laura