Saturday, November 4, 2017

A walk through of a two day journal layout.

Time again for a journal layout for the next 2 days. I thought I would walk  through of how I lay out a page. 


First I check my stash...I do have full page papers in a drawer as well but I like to try and use up my scraps in my journal. I also do use the scraps in my paintings for layering and depth. I being OCD have the papers sorted according to size...I stopped myself from doing in color!lol I did have it that way in the past. (grins)
Ok I start looking in my stash and find something that sticks out for me that day. today it was that vintage rose paper. Then I start finding papers that have the same colors in them as the main piece.I want as I have said in past posts, my journal to not only remind me of what happened that year, house memories, look pretty but to also have a touch quality to it. I like to run my hands over the pages! Maybe that is weird to you...but I dont care...Its my journal, my life! You do you, I'll do me! lol So as you can see in the photo above I have a variety of papers thrown out there, Im not going to use them all..i will use what feels right.
I start with a piece of scrap printer paper, if I plan to sew the page...if not I adhere right to the journal page.  Then I start laying the pieces out, see what feels right.

when I feel like I have what I like, I stick it down with my tape runner, just a tacking not a full stick down, unless im not going to sew that piece. If im not going to sew that piece I fully stick it down. but in this case I tacked them all on, as I am going to sew the whole thing.
Lets get sewing! I usually use a straight stitch and zig zag. I do have other stitches, I have the project runway limited addition brother sewing maching with 99 stitch patterns.
Here it is all sewn an stuck to my journal page. I added the day of the month numbers from my number stash.

Been collection awhile and in a pinch I print off different font letters too.
So there it is a walk through of how I do it. It took me maybe 15 minutes. Now im good to go for today and tomorrow. Ill be back then. 

No comments: