Monday, August 22, 2016

Its been awhile.....

It's been awhile since I last posted. Boxes were packed, truck was loaded , broke down in 106 degree heat...but finally made it to our destination. After living in a place that brought nothing but unhappiness we finally made the decision to get the heck out of Kansas once and for all. Kansas was not good to us, that is for sure! We made the big move back to Nebraska, the good life, which is its motto and let me tell you...that is sure the truth. After years, 9 of them, of living in a state where people are not friendly and unexcepting of you, being in Nebraska where everyone is friendly(minus my sons neighbor who likes to park his truck in the same place every day even though its public property....) it still comes at a shock to me that people will actually talk to you...who have no idea who you are... ! I think I might stand there with my mouth open, totally in shock after years of feeling like we lived in seclusion , that I am actually being talked too, and not hullucinating, or dreaming...people accept me, dont look through me...but act like we are old friends...its still shocking to me...but I love it. 
I love that I am able to see my 2 oldest boys pretty much daily, my grandsons too..Now just to get my youngest son out of Kansas and here with us...life will be compete. 
 We have not found a place to live yet...not because we have been looking...we havent yet. We are staying with our oldest son, while my hubby who has been in law enforcement for 19 years, is recouping from all the years of stress. We have a little space set up down stairs to hang out and do our things. He playing games, me art. 
So I have started a painting, which will take me a while, they always do usually , as I go with spurts of inspiration, think its from years of depression while living in Kansas and feeling like I was slowly losing my self and almost my will to live, especially after my boys grew up and moved out. So this journal page I have done, mixed media piece, the sentiment really hits home for how I have been feeling. Im still not all the way "me" not all the way there yet..but I have good days at least. I hope that I will continue to make progress and find my way back to me...to happiness. Moving here was a big leap back into that happiness..that is for sure.  Thanks for stopping by and not giving up on me.  Just livin the good life....in Nebraska. 

2 comments:

Corina said...

I'm so glad you are so happy!! Enjoy that family of yours.

Renee G said...

Thanks Corina! I can count on one hand the people who were kind to me, and you were one of those people. Hope you are well. Hugs