Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Art Journaling for the Soul

Been going through some stressful times. So when that happens I usually just feel totally uncreative. I decided that I wanted to do something different, and while we are in this turmoil, I am going to create everyday..with inspirational words. I find my quotes on pinterest or in the Bible from favorite verses. I want to add that my main sourse of comfort, is found in Jesus Christ. He has been by my side forever...AT the age of 5 is when I learned about Jesus. And from that day on, He has been my comfort, my friend, my everything. I grew up in a horrible childhood. From being taken away from my mom and dad many times, they were both alcoholics, My brother and I were finally taken away for the last time when I was 5 and he was 6. My mother took her life soon after. I so wish she could of been in my life now. I wish I could of shown her My Jesus. But I know that had it not worked out the way it did, I would not of had this relationship with God. I later learned that my dad, knew God, he died alone in a VA hospital when I was 21. I grew up with him being 2 hours from me, never being able to see him. 
Being in a foster home, a perminate foster home, was something new for us. We found stability and "love". But best of all we found Jesus. BUT during that time I was sexually abused by my foster father for the whole 13 years that we lived there, and it was during those times that really made me rely on Jesus to get through. So I have built this personal relationship with Jesus, the only person who has never let me down, who has loved me uncondtionally. So I'm using my gift from God and doing my art to glorify Him. Maybe help or inspire or lift up someone else along the way.








No comments: