After seeing the new images over at D'arcys Diaries, i was drawn to this image and instantly thought it would be so neat to make a japanese lantern!
I had some paper in my stash that was fiber papers, some i have had for a while and it was from eco africa paper. And some was just paper i dont know where i got it! But i thought it would be close to rice paper, since i didnt have any vellum in the right color. Plus i was thinking that the vellum i would have to worry about smearing. I didnt color the image as i wanted it to look like a print and i though it was so pretty just as it was...
The lantern is 12x6 in size and i just made it up as i went along, no pattern. There is a LED tea light in the bottom to illuminate it and its really subtle but pretty.
I cut the flowers from my kraft print paper with my rolled die cut from MFT and the other flat flower is also a die, but dont remember the company. The swirls i have on it i recieved from Hazel, so dont know the brand of that either. I added some pearls to the swirls since this was a pearl and swirls challenge and you might not be able to see but her hair sticks have tiny pearls on the ends of them. A little stickles on her fan and i was done! Check out the new digitals over at Darcysdiaries.com!